Friday, September 10, 2010

Let Me Introduce Myself
My name is Stephanie Hayes and I am a sophomore at Drury University. I am a Chemistry and Biology major with a Theatre minor. But these facts are just the basics of me as a student. As a person I am dedicated to improving my community and I know that this will be possible through Drury Summit Park Leadership Community. I wanted to live in Summit Park not only to live with my friends but to be working for a bigger and better purpose. I feel that working in conjunction with Planned Parenthood will be beneficial for not only myself but for everyone in our group and the community as whole. My opinions, pro-choice or not, will hopefully be strengthened or even possibly changed. However it is important to realize that this is not the only aspect there is to Planned Parenthood. I will be glad to use my strengths and the resources that Drury University provides me with to help erase the stigma that Planned Parenthood’s only real purpose is abortion. As a part of Panthers for Planned Parenthood I hope to spread awareness of the resources that Planned Parenthood offers in the forms of education and testing. Also I am excited to help educate our campus about the serious effects of being sexually irresponsible and to possibly help prevent some of those effects. Ovarian Cancer Awareness week is coming up so we will see what we can pull together to help raise awareness. I’m excited to get started!
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment