Friday, September 10, 2010

The Beginnings!

My name is Elyse Coulter, and I am a second year Architecture and Art History major. I enjoy working with others and doing various activities to benefit my community.

Our job as a Summit group this year working with Planned Parenthood will be to get Drury students involved in practicing safe sex as well as promoting getting tested. Each person in the group will benefit from the other member’s views and ideas. How we were raised varies greatly throughout the group. This will add an interesting approach to each issue that arises. We can learn from others the various skill sets we each possess, and how to implement them in our everyday activities. I personally think I will grow in the way I communicate with others. The project will strengthen my ability to speak to a large crowd as well as recruit volunteers for Planned Parenthood events throughout the year. But what I'm most excited for is our project statement. We will be stamping out the stigma attached with Planned Parenthood and urging our peers to get tested and use protection. I'm looking forward to working with the community and campus in spreading awareness on Planned Parenthood.

September is Ovarian Awareness month, and currently we are mulling over the idea of working with teal ribbons and other ways to spread awareness for Ovarian Campus. We have many great activities planned throughout the year on campus, and I'll make sure to keep you posted on whats coming up. Stay safe.

Elyse


No comments:

Post a Comment