Friday, May 6, 2011

You haven't seen the last of us...



1. This past year's Summit Experience was a whirlwind of obstacles and resolutions.
2. I have gained experience with event planning and working as a group. These are important skills for anything that may present itself in the future. I've also got quite a bit of problem-solving skills under my belt now.
3. The greatest thing I learned from living in Summit is how to communicate effectively and efficiently.
4. I feel as though our Summit group has made a significant impact on the Drury community. Our plan was always to focus on the Drury community and we have succeeded at our goal of bringing a Planned Parenthood presence to Drury's campus. This presence will be carried over into future years on the shoulders of VOX, the new Planned Parenthood advocacy group that is currently in the works.
5. As a member of the Summit community, I have had the opportunity to spread awareness of a cause to the Drury community. From this I have realized how little things can make a huge impact. If I hadn't had the opportunity to play a role as a Planned Parenthood advocate at Drury, I wouldn't be as supportive as I am now.
6. I would have implemented a system of communication from the very beginning. It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to inform all eight people in the house of upcoming events and goings on, but it proved to be quite the issue.
7. I would advise future Summit groups to set aside some time on a regular basis to discuss your project. It's very easy for your leadership project to take a backseat to your other activities and classwork, but it will creep up on you. Communicate and stay up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment